Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving- Giving Thanks

Wow, it's already Thanksgiving! I can hardly believe it. This month (and year) have flown by. I can't wait until mealtime. All that turkey, and dressing, and cranberry sauce! That's not even the best part! Mmm. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bars, oatmeal pie... Yum. My mouth's watering thinking about it.

But that isn't all. We have to remember that Thanksgiving isn't just about the food, family, and fun. It's about giving thanks. I'm sure you all know the story of Thanksgiving. But a lot of times, we don't remember the story behind the holiday. We get caught up in the fun, and forget what it's really about. So on this day, remember to thank God for all those things that he has blessed you with.

Now, you may have a lot of stuff and a lot of money, so you have a lot to be thankful for. But you may have not very much stuff, not very much money, and live in a tiny apartment. You have a lot to be thankful for too. Because no matter who you are, I'm sure you have at least one of these things: good parents; loving friends; wacky siblings; or a pet. And I know two things that everyone -and I mean everyone- has. A loving heavenly Father who you can count on is the first. The second is a beautiful, amazing country and world. So if you don't have anything else to be thankful for (which I'm sure you do) thank God for those. And those things will always be there.

Jessica

No comments: