Thursday, January 29, 2009

Psalm 13

I'd like to share another of my favorite psalms with you.

Psalm 13 (New International Version)

For the director of music. A psalm of David.
1 How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?

2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;

4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.

6 I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me.


Psalm 13 (New Century Version)

A Prayer for God to Be Near
For the director of music. A psalm of David.
1 How long will you forget me, Lord? Forever?
How long will you hide from me?
2 How long must I worry
and feel sad in my heart all day?
How long will my enemy win over me?

3 Lord, look at me.
Answer me, my God;
tell me, or I will die.
4 Otherwise my enemy will say, "I have won!"
Those against me will rejoice that I've been defeated.

5 I trust in your love.
My heart is happy because you saved me.
6 I sing to the Lord
because he has taken care of me.

No comments: