Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekly Bible Chapter

I have decided to do a weekly Bible chapter. For this week I have chosen Psalms 23. You have surly heard it before, it is probably one of the most famous chapters from the Bible. I think that is describes all the rewards of being a Christian. My favorite version is the KJV because it sounds so nice. Having a pet lamb also makes this chapter easier for me to understand. Sheep are very, shall I say stupid animals, the don't know what is best for them. They love their shepherd and probably couldn't live without him/her.
I have made a really funny picture version of this chapter here.
Psalm 23 (King James Version)

1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Psalm 23 (The Message)
The Message (MSG)

Psalm 23
A David Psalm 1-3 God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing. You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from. True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction. 4 Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I'm not afraid when you walk at my side. Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure. 5 You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing. 6 Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

FrozenBlog said...

hi savannah

Lexi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.