Thursday, August 28, 2008

Work is a part of life

Work
Let me but do my work from day to day, In field or forest, at the desk or loom,In roaring market-place or tranquil room; Let me but find it in my heart to say, When vagrant wishes beckon me astray, "This is my work; my blessing, not my doom;" Of all who live, I am the one by whom"This work can best be done in the right way."Then shall I see it not too great, nor small, To suit my spirit and to prove my powers; Then shall I cheerful greet the labouring hours ,And cheerful turn, when the long shadows fall, At eventide, to play and love and rest, Because I know for me my work is best. -Henry Van Dyke

"Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:"-Proverbs 6:6

Work is a part of life, those that think they can avoid it will fail. Americans hire migrant workers to do the more physical jobs that we are"above doing", such as cleaning the bathrooms, picking fruit and meat processing because no American wants to do it for low pay. We ship out thing to China, like toys, to be made for the same reason. The only "desirable" jobs are ones in offices that make $80,00 a year. I just recently found this out. I have always been lazy, I especially hated cleaning, I remember throwing a few fits when I was younger over cleaning. I learned to tolerate it, and them it hit me sometime this year, I like cleaning. I don't really know how I came to like cleaning, but I love to take a dirty room and make it shine. I am happier now that I realize this. Work is just part of life. No matter who you are, you are not too good for work. This is a problem with society, if nobody will be willing to to some physical labor, how are we to survive? Work does not have to be your favorite thing, I don't think that anyone would rather work than play if they had a choice. The Bible says that there is a time for work and a time for play, but society thinks that we need to have fun all the time. I suggest that you read this http://www.therebelution.com/blog/2005/11/kidults-part-3-ruining-our-lives-with-fun-2/.
My family was very busy last fall with our homeschool activities. Our only full-days home were Monday and Friday! After things slowed down, I forget what I was supposed to do at home, I was so bored! I had been having so much fun out I forgot how to be happy at home. I relearned how do spend down-time, but it was eye opening. Too much fun can make you unhappy.
Points of this:
1.BE happy in your work

2. God doesn't like laziness

3.America is not above work

4. Even if you hate work, you can learn to like it.

5. Work is a part of life, get used to it.

6. Don't ruin your life with fun, be happy at home.

Living on a hobby farm has been an eye-opener to me. I have became much more tough from it, I am not afraid to get dirt anymore. I have cleaned up a calf with scours, taken care of many animal wounds, raised mentally retarded kittens and grown accustom to gruesome things that would make most people throw up. Country life did not come easy for me, but I think it has been one of the best experiences of my life. When I am outside on a nice day, I think how much God has blessed me, even thought I didn't know it.

No comments: